Valley Forge 1st Ward Relief Society MeetingsSunday Lesson - Every Sunday at 1:30pm in the Relief Society room of the Valley Forge 1st & 2nd Ward Chapel (2530 Stinson Lane, Norristown, PA 19403) we meet to discuss principles of the gospel and the recent words from our prophets.
Women's Support Group - Weekly. If you have a spouse or loved one with an addiction this is for you. The purpose is...
- To understand the affects of addiction in the life of the addict and its impact on the lives of those around them.
- To learn skills, behaviors, and attitudes that will help family members and friends of those ensnared in addictive behaviors.
- To study the approved manual A Guide to Addiction Recovery and Healing and other Family Support materials specifically prepared to help family members and loved ones of addicts.
- To study and apply the principle of the gospel as they correlate with the 12 steps of recovery
- To share our experience, faith, and hope with one another.
- To give and receive support.
- To provide a safe, confidential environment for group members.
- To provide information on other resources helpful to family members of those with addictive behaviors.
In Women's Support we discover we are not alone in dealing with the effects of addiction. “We have known great sorrow, but we have seen the power of the Savior turn our most devastating defeats into glorious spiritual victories. We who once lived with daily depression, anxiety, fear, and debilitating anger now experience joy and peace. We have witnessed miracles in our own lives and in the lives of others who were ensnared in addiction… blessings have poured forth as we have taken each step to recovery. Having had a spiritual awakening, we strive every day to improve our relationship with Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we are healed. We invite you with all our empathy and love to join us…”Quarterly RS meeting - Several times a year we hold special meetings for all sisters to attend. The topics vary and often we have a dinner together, but sometimes just dessert. These activities are usually themed around the purposes of Relief Society.
Service Meeting - an organized way to serve each other and our community. Occasional.
About Relief Society meetingsRelief Society, A Sacred Work, Julie B. Beck, November 2009 Ensign
“And upon the Handmaids in Those Days Will I Pour Out My Spirit”, Julie B. Beck, April 2010 General Conference
"Daughters in My Kingdom": The History and Work of Relief Society