Nancy and Shoba did a great job in putting together our Visiting Teaching "Conference" today. Who doesn't love flowers and cake!
God does notice us...it is usually through another mortal that He meets our needs.
Shoba spoke to us of the importance of visiting teaching and urged us to remember that this is a call from God. She said that we are all busy, but that if we have a willing heart, God will help us find the time.
Nancy then reminded us that our love for each other will grow as we are obedient and serve one another. She had a very practical list of suggestions to remind us of how to create the connections that are so important for women and in visiting teaching.
- Go Beyond the superficial--Be a friend. LISTEN! Sit with her in church. Find common interests. Spend time together outside normal visits.
- Create a spiritual connection. Pray for her specifically in your personal prayers. Bear testimony. End your visit with a prayer.
- Develop trust. Keep confidences. Share personal experiences if appropriate.
- Be considerate regarding children. Get permission to bring your children or arrange to meet at a park to visit while kids play.
- Care for your companion. You'll enjoy getting together to visit.
- Don't be difficult with your schedule. Make yourself available to visit and to be visited.
Thanks Shoba and Nancy!
Discipleship is not a spectator sport...We need to get off the sidelines and practice what we preach. ~President Uchtdorf
[Check out some visiting teaching gift ideas.]
And more on Sugar Doodle.