"A study of the scriptures will help our testimonies and the testimonies of our family members. Our children today are growing up surrounded by voices urging them to abandon that which is right and to pursue, instead, the pleasures of the world. Unless they have a firm foundation in the gospel of Jesus Christ, a testimony of the truth, and a determination to live righteously, they are susceptible to these influences. It is our responsibility to fortify and protect them" (Thomas S. Monson, “Three Goals to Guide You,” Ensign, Nov. 2007, 118–21).
- Understanding and defending the divine roles of women.
- Embracing the blessings of the priesthood.
- Forming eternal families.
- Maintaining strong marriages.
- Bearing and rearing children.
- Expressing love for and nurturing family members.
- Accepting responsibility to prepare a righteous rising generation (missionaries, etc.).
- Knowing, living, and defending the doctrine of the family.
- Searching out and performing temple ordinances for extended family.
- "The Family: A Proclamation to the World."
- "The Sacred Responsibilities of Parenthood," M. Russell Ballard, August 2003.
- Home and Family on LDS.org.