Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Note of Thanks from Mary Stephenson

Dear Sisters:

I am writing this from lovely Leola, a small town outside of Lancaster, where Larry and I have recently relocated. Although we love our new home and our new ward is friendly, I miss Valley Forge!

Please know how much you have contributed to our family's life during the seventeen years we lived among you. The hours of service given to our family by faithful Primary, youth, and seminary teachers made such a difference to our children.

I have benefited personally from the extraordinary lessons in R.S. and the talks and testimonies we have heard over the years in Sacrament Meeting. Your examples have lighted the way for Larry and me as we worked on growing up and trying to follow our Savior.

My visiting teachers have been remarkable women, whom I have loved and learned from. I especially remember the difficulties of Lisa's pregnancy and Isaac's birth and the great, great love that was extended to our family. Our home teachers have been fun and faithful.

Both Larry and I have enjoyed the people we have met and loved through our church service, both in the ward and, for the last four years, in the Norristown Spanish branch. The generosity of the Valley Forge members toward the Latino members was remarkable and touched me deeply.

I hope that I have not offended any of you during the time that we lived in the VF 1st ward but, if I did, please tell me and let me make it right.

We would absolutely love to feed, visit with, lend you our guestroom, point out the good fruit stands, etc. if any of you are out this way. Our new address is 32 Blaine Ave., Leola, PA 17540. My cell phone number is: 610-564-6762.

Sincerely,
Mary Stephenson

Thanks Mary. We miss you and your family's steady influence for good in the ward over the years. I'm sure you will bless the lives of the new ward family where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but please be respectful.