Friday, January 15, 2010

Goals for the New Year


 I conceiv’d the bold and arduous project of arriving at moral perfection. I wish’d to live without committing any fault at any time; I would conquer all that either natural inclination, custom, or company might lead me into. ~Ben Franklin

This week I asked you to respond with 3 goals you’d like to accomplish this year.

I was humbled and inspired by your responses. Just knowing others are striving to improve themselves gives me courage to move forward.

Sharing that you have a weakness to work on is a strength in and of itself.

Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't. We all understand. I hope we can be each others best cheerleaders. 

Here are a few:

Ellen
Learn to play racquetball. (Anybody want to do this with me?)
Read more, write more. (A perennial favorite.)
Pray more sincerely, more often, humbly on my knees. (This has been on my list for years.)

Chell
1. Get printed and actually hang more of my photography.
2. Go on a real vacation, one that is not tied to a wedding, birthday or other family event.
3. Blog at least 6 times a month.

Owenna
My new Year's resolutions never change:  lose weight, be more faithful at scripture reading, improve the use of my time. I'm pretty clear on the fact that these are life-long struggles!

Devon
TRY not to raise my voice or yell at my children, unless they're about to run into the street. (This one is a revolving one I've had every year, until I finally master it)
Focus more on others needs rather than on my own.
Pray for Heavenly Father's will, rather than my own.

Sara Fultz
Be more prayerful, be more optimistic, be more charitable.
They are all related, huh!?
So, exercise, cook more, have fun with the kids.
Hmmmm, they all go hand in hand, the more I think!

Elizabeth
Lose weight.
Focus on uplifting thoughts.
Finish writing book and submit to at least 3 publishers.

Jill Fairchild
Prayer and scripture study every day.
Gospel Study with my husband 5 nights/wk.
Do some form of exercise 4 - 5 days/wk.

I know those of you in the Mentoring Moms group have monthly goals...do share!

These folks have shared their goals on their blogs. Inspiring!
Michelle Leighton
Lisa Stephenson 
Shannon Tripp
Lindsay Skinner

If you want to share your goals with us, there is still time. Either send them to me or post them in the comments below. We’d love to hear what you are working on.

Further reading:
6 Tips to Hold Yourself Accountable for Keeping Your Resolutions
How to Stick to Your Resolutions: 12 ideas (choose one or two)

Ellen

Photo Credit

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, but please be respectful.