Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Details About Service Night

Hi, ladies!

Here are some details about the service group meeting:
It begins @ 7:00 pm and will be finished by 8:30pm on 2/17.
The film is a short one, but very good!
The project we will be working on is assembling Newborn kits.  I am hoping to donate these to MontCo hospital, but I am still working out the details.  In any event, we will find a charity (Cradles to Crayons, LDS Humanitarian, etc.) to donate the kits to.

Please bring any of the following to the meeting:
  • Receiving blankets ( 2 pieces of fabric, 36-45 inches square, sewn together) . FYI - WalMart has inexpensive flannel
  • Baby booties or socks
  • Layette gowns (gowns only, no footed sleepers) purchased or sewn (pattern on lds.org)
Lastly, and most importantly, did I mention that I am serving home-made PIE?!?!?!?

Please send me an email, if you think you can attend, so I know how many pies to make.

VF1 women ROCK!

XX OO Margie

More about newborn kits at providentliving.org

[Today seems like a perfect sewing day...think I'll pull out the flannel. e]

Photo credit: jen_maiser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but please be respectful.