Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Few Favorite Mother-Centric Posts

Thanks to Em for these references...very insightful regarding mothering and mothers.

Art of Raising Children
Do you ever have a moment that reminds you of a work of art? These 3 authors did. Don't forget to read the comments too.

Putting Away Childish Things
“...a gentle reminder that we never know what quiet pain is hidden, the sorrows that the eye can’t see. Everyone has their secret anguish and we must treat each other gently, kindly. Each time I judge someone I later find out how wrong I was.”

Beyond Mommy: Knowing Who I Am
“I want them to have a mother with opinions, preferences, hobbies, and passions.”

Feel free to share a brief mothering memory in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but please be respectful.