Sunday Session 1
- God knows you individually. He sends messages [to Pres Eyring...imagine that!] fitted to you.
- Trust in God. He knows what you need. Turn to Him.
- Go and do what He will have you do and your power to trust Him will grow.
- Prophets have always been shown what we need to know in times of danger.
- Pornography will always dispel the Spirit from our lives. It is a plague.
- The holders of Priesthood have the power to cast out the influences of pornography, and should use it.
- If you are bound by a habit or addiction...you must stop...angels will coach you...Priesthood leaders will guide you.
- For the 3rd time: The Priesthood has the power over addictions.
- The Holy Ghost, with the Father and Son, knows all things...to testify, to lead to do good.
- The assurances of the Holy Ghost can give a peace that passes all understanding.
- A testimony from the Holy Ghost of the Book of Mormon can be yours.
- Be an example of the believers in faith...testify in word and action to the children.
- Be an example of the believers in purity...seek that which is virtuous and lovely...through personal media choices.
- Two lines of communication to God...personal prayer and through Priesthood leaders
- Neither the Priesthood line or Personal line of communication to God supersedes the other.
- Both lines must be functioning in our family and personal lives if we are to have the growth that is our destiny.
- Do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive?
- Sincerely give thanks...unlocks the doors of heaven.
- The miracle of the loaves and fishes came after Jesus gave thanks to the Father.
- Gratitude is the parent of all other virtues.
- To live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven.
Sunday Session 2
- The Aaronic Priesthood has been restored again to earth.
- Bearers hold the keys of the ministering angels...what does that mean in our day?
- It means to serve others, honoring the Aaronic Priesthood.
- To "receive the Holy Ghost" is not a passive injunction. We must desire, seek, work and live to receive the gift of the HG.
- Casualness, breaking covenant, failure to pray or study scriptures...cause the Spirit to withdraw from us.
- "Holy habits" are prerequisite to the companionship of the Holy Ghost.
- Praying, studying, writing, researching...remembering Christ...all gospel teachings and activities are the "holy habits".
- To parents of teenagers: There are no perfect parents or easy answers.
- Parents fear to offend their children, to lose their temporary good will.
- Pay attention to promptings regarding you children. If you don't feel good about it, permission should not be granted.
- Be courageous...don't take the easy way out and give in.
- Fortify youth: family prayer, family scripture study, family home evening, family dinner, private counseling.
- The thoughts we dwell on, the feeling in our hearts, the actions we take will have an eternal impact.
- We need the help of Jesus Christ and each other to escape the deadly embrace of sin.
- Keeping the commandments...protects our good name and His.
- Addiction...relinquishes agency.
- Stay away from any substance that may trap you.
- Follow prescribed doses. Keep medication in a safe place.
- Video gaming, texting on cell phone, gambling - cause dependence, take up our time, give up agency.
- No matter what addictive cycle we are caught in, there is hope.
- Spiritual freedom, a way to escape, begins with prayer.
- Hope comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ, pleading in prayer.
- Addiction Recovery Program is available, based on AA 12-step program.
- Take the time to read the conference talks...careful study.
- May we show increased kindness and ever be found doing the work of the Lord.
Till we tweet again. :-D