Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Mo-Tab Music Video

My Song in the Night...inspirational!

Gods perfect love connects each of us, whether strangers or friends, and his ever-watchful hand blesses us in our times of need.

In the Old Testament, both Job and David speak of Gods caring love as a song in the night, a source of refuge and divine calm. This image is the foundation for the Southern folk hymn My Song in the Night, whose plaintive melody, found in the hymn collection The Sacred Harp, and entreating lyrics form a heartfelt petition for respite from the cares of the world.

The words are partly an adaptation from Joseph Swains poem Redemption (published in London in 1789), a poem that also spawned other familiar hymn texts, including O Thou in Whose Presence, Redeemer of Israel, and His Voice As the Sound.

O Jesus, my Savior, my song in the night,
Come to us with Thy tender love, my souls delight.
Unto Thee, O Lord, in affliction I call,
My comfort by day and my song in the night.
O why should I wander an alien from Thee,
Or cry in the desert Thy face to see.
My comfort and joy, my souls delight,
O Jesus, my Savior, my song in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but please be respectful.