This author talks about how being more positive attracts more positive people around you, in an article titled We Attract Who We Are.
Give thought to what you value most in yourself or others. Keep a running list in your journal. Here’s the essence of how I see it.Thanks all for doing your best, following your dreams, and having open hearts. I love being around you!
Positive persons are:
Positive persons aren’t:
- Committed to developing compassion towards themselves and others, and having an open heart
- Courageous about following their dreams
- Those who seek to be authentic and believe in themselves, even when externals are crumbling
- Aware of their darkside and trying to heal it
- Willing to learn from mistakes
Never forget: we’re talking about real human beings with pluses and minuses. What sets positive people apart, though, is a determination to do their best and not succumb to what’s negative in themselves or externals.
- Perfect, phony or positive all the time
- Beating themselves to a pulp over shortcomings or a black hole of pessimism
- Constantly mired in fear or tolerant of letting their hearts harden
- Squeaky clean do-gooders who neglect their own well-being.
- Saccharine pleasers who ignore their darkside and unconsciously act it out at the expense of others.