Friday, October 8, 2010

Kindness Is Contagious

There are only two things we are here on earth to do and everything else in the gospel is related to one of those.

1. Love God, turn to Him often, come to know Him, and
2. Love each other and take care of one another.

That's what visiting teaching is about. That's what we covenant to do when we are baptized (share one another's burden) and that's what our Savior taught us by his example.

And sometimes a kind word, a listening ear, or a smile is all that is needed.

HelpOthers.org is a nice little website that shares stories of inspiration about small acts of kindness. You'll find smile cards to download and ideas for helping others.

Here's one:

A small act at the grocery store starts a new ripple
There are two men who are almost always outside my grocery store, in various states of dishevelment.

...Last week, while waiting in the deli area, I noticed the pre-made, plastic-wrapped sub-style sandwiches. I grabbed two of them, two extra apples, and two single-serving juice bottles. On my way out, I walked up to the vet and said, "Are you hungry? I got you a sandwich." He took sandwich, apple, and juice, and said, "God bless you." I said, "You, too!"

...It was so easy to  add those few items to my grocery bag and I felt like I had maybe helped just a little.

e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but please be respectful.